- Lessons from the Deep: What the Oceans are Telling Us and Why it Matters (Explorers Club, NYC)
- September 28, 2011 5:30 pm
- September 28, 2011 9:00 pm
- August 2, 2011
- Explorers Club Headquarters
- (212) 628-8383
46 East 70th Street, New York, NY, 10021, United States
From the hallways of Washington, DC to thousands of feet below the sea, get a unique perspective on our oceans including their threats and what’s being done to reverse their decline. Learn how our perspectives on the oceans have changed over the past 50 years, and despite our species’ journey into space, how little we actually know about the salt-water-covered portion of our own planet.
Dr. David E. Guggenheim, the ?Ocean Doctor,? takes us on a multimedia journey below the surface, to Alaska’s Bering Sea and the Gulf of Mexico as he pilots a tiny submersible; to the unexplored waters of Cuba, a living time machine; to breathtaking areas in the Southern Atlantic, including South Georgia, where Ernest Shackleton found rescue, and Tristan da Cunha, the most remote inhabited island in the world; and to Gulf communities he is helping to recover from the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Member Ticket price:?$65
Guest Ticket Price:?$70
Dinners are open to Members and their guests. To make a reservation please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Club at 212-628-8383
Please note: Members may only bring one guest at this time. All others will be added to a waiting list.
Cancellation/?No Show? Policy
* If a reservation is canceled within 5 days of the catered event, there will be No Refund of the ticket price.
* Credit Cards provided for payment will be charged within 4 days prior to the event.
* There are no refunds for a ?No Show? to a catered event.
Event open to:?Members & Guests