Jacques Cousteau’s 100th anniversary is an opportunity to come together and reflect on the future of Planet Ocean. Ocean Inspiration is a time to reconnect with our creative and intellectual capacity, and together move forward to positively impact our future.
Explorers, dancers, scientists, artists, musicians, filmmakers, family and friends will come together in this once in a lifetime event. Through spirited discussions and live performances, the audience will be encouraged to create their own form of ocean advocacy.? May 18 & 20, 2011:? New York, NY / Washington, DC
Ocean Inspiration: A tribute to Jacques Cousteau’s 100th anniversary is an occasion to celebrate, recognize, and reward the achievements of ocean advocacy in any and all its forms.
?Celebrating the Oceans? Cocktail Reception & Fundraiser
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
The Sea Grill
19 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10020
- Premiere viewing: Excerpt from the new film ?My Father the Captain? by Jean-Michel Cousteau
- Sustainable cuisine: Featuring top New York chef
- Silent auction: Unique adventures, ocean art, and more
- Dance & music performances: Derek Stratton choreography and Henri ?Scars? Struck
- Film screening: 100-second video tributes to Jacques Cousteau
- Presenting: Reefs at Risk Initiative
?Looking to the Future? Public Forum
Friday May 20, 2011
World Resources Institute
- Future of the Oceans Panel: With leading explorers, scientists, and experts including Dr. Sylvia Earle and Dr. Carl Safina
- Stories from Jacques Cousteau’s Journeys : Inside stories on Jacques Cousteau expeditions
A portion of the proceeds from Ocean Inspiration will be designated for World Resources Institute’s Reefs at Risk Initiative. World Resources Institute is joining forces with CauseCentric Productions to create a micro-documentary for the Reefs at Risk Initiative, produced by C?line Cousteau.
You can also support Ocean Inspiration with a tax-deductible contribution.
For questions regarding the?Cocktail Celebration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.