On World Oceans Day 2014, the Ocean Doctor documentary film, Disaster at Nightingale: How Tragedy Found the World’s Remotest Island will be screened at the 40Fathoms Film Festival in South Africa, an event of the South African Shark Conservancy.
April 4, 2011: Our guest this week, penguin expert, Dyan deNapoli, “The Penguin Lady,” former Senior Penguin Aquarist at the New England Aquarium, talks about her new book, The Great Penguin Rescue. with important lessons — and hope — for the desperate penguin rescue and rehabilitation efforts underway following the tragic oil spill at Nightingale Island in the South Atlantic. Also: An update on the rescue effort from Tristan da Cunha by Katrine Herian of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.
The Ocean Doctor airs weekly on WebTalkRadio.net. Want to listen on your iPod, iPhone or mp3 player? Download the mp3 file or subscribe on iTunes and don’t miss a single episode. See the complete list of episodes.
Submit a question and I’ll try to answer it on the air. Even better, record your question or comment on our special message line and I might play it on the air. Call: (805) 619-9194. You can also leave questions and comments for this episode below.
CAPE TO CAPE ADVENTURE
Ushuaia to Cape Town
March 3, 2011 – 22 Days – Voyage 7106
- Follow in the footsteps of great Antarctic explorers
- See snow-covered mountains, mighty glaciers and spectacular iceberg sculptures
- Encounter penguins: Magellanic, rockhopper, gentoo, macaroni, king, Adelie, and African (jackass)
- Watch for sea lions, seals, dolphins, and whales
- Identify seabirds including albatross, shearwaters and petrels
- Discover historic sites of the early explorers and the remains of whaling operations
- Visit the most remote inhabited archipelago in the world
- Savour world-renowned South African wines
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
Fax: +1 (202) 888-3329
P.O. Box 53090
Washington, DC 20009